Monday, May 19, 2008

Not Again!!:-(

Well, I have hurt my back again!!!:-( That's right I say again because this happened almost a year ago to me and now it is back.
Last year I had two slipped disc and was in pain for over two weeks in April. Many visits to the chiropractor/ doctor and lots of massages and I was healing fine. Well, you know when you have a 1 1/2 year old, there is no way to get around picking them up from time to time. I was doing great and then... BAM... I reinjured it at the end of May. This time it was much worse, I couldn't stand up straight, I walked with a major sideways bend and it hurt like you know what!
Got an MRI and it all revealed two slipped disc and mild disc degeneration.
I'm only 32 years old at the time and worrying how this is going to affect the rest of my life.

So I think about what I need to do. I have scoliosis in the same excact spot where the degeneration is and where the two slipped discs are. Am I going to be dealing with this the rest of my life? Doctors tell me more than likely yes.

I'm trying to help fix this problem over the past year by exercising, stregthening my muscles and work on my posture. Obviously I'm not doing a very good job. (And heavy lifting is definitly a big no no for me, but I did lift a few things on Thursday night.) I felt fine on Friday, great on Saturday, woke up Sunday morning feeling a little sore, but I thought it was from sitting in the car for our little mini road trip.

Well, at a letterboxing event on Sunday, I stood up to stamp an image into my log and I gues it was the angle I was at... next thing I know, I'm in pain and thinking Oh no, not again.

Good thing my cousin is with me, she worked on my back last year as she was finishing up schooling for massage therapy. She just looked at me and I told her its happening again. She knows whay kind of pain I was in last year and I told her, I'm gonna need your help tomorrow!

So say a little prayer for me that I heal up and learn how to not do the things that are hard for me not to do. (If that makes sense!)

Hope you are all feeling well and take care of yourself!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you said your back was hurting at the RTBY event, KJ. Thank God, you have Snap to help you out. Good Luck and keep us posted.

curton said...

Yuk That does not sounded like fun. A bad back it not an easy repair. I hate to say but I'll take my bad knee over a bad back any day. I feel you pain and I'm really glad you have someone there to help you. Just take it slow and follow what the doctors tell you and hopefully you'll heal faster.
on a little happier note I got good news on my knee. The tear is very minor it was more fluid build up then any thing. It does not look like any repairs need to be done at this time. They drained the fluid off and said if the fluid does not come back with in a month I'm good. But if it comes back then he'll have to relook at the tear. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Well I have to go to work But i'll write more later. Sorry the spelling is so bad on both comments. I'm keeping you in my prayers. I hope you have a restful day. Lynn

k1s2c3-Jones said...

I am feeling a little better today. I slept pretty good last night, and have slept most of the day today! I'm really trying to take it easy and rest my back so I can get around better.
Since I've done this before, I kinda know what to do, so I'm making sure I do it!
I'm glad your knee is doing better, I hope the fluid stays away too.
Rachel

curton said...

Just wanted to see how your back was doing. I hope you are having a nice holiday. Lynn