Wednesday, June 4, 2008

When it Rains...It Pours!


No, I'm not talking about actual rain. I'm talking about all the bad or unfortunate things that have happened or are happening in my life lately.


While out walking trails and planting a few letterboxes on May 24th, I had an unfortunate and very scarey accident. My girls and I stopped at a cemetery to view the site, it had a historical marker and it was in a really neat location. We had been having a great day walking trails, seeing the local castle and just having fun. When I pulled into the cemetery, I got out of my van, was about 10 feet from it and it started rolling down the hill in front of it. I raced for it, but couldnt' do anything. All I could do was get the door open and tell my kids to hold on. Yes, my three children were buckeled in the car as it rolled down the hill, through a fence, kept going down the hill and up another hill until it came to rest on that hill. It traveled about 1 1/2 football fields. Everyone was fine, a fence was knocked down, the van has some damage, I had some bruises, it was the absolute horrible thing I have ever had to see or deal with in my entire life. We are all okay now, emotionally, but I still think about it daily.


Today, my 5 year old fell off the bed and fractured her arm. It took her about an hour to really complain about the pain, then I took her to the urgent care center and they took the xrays. Sure enough, she fractured the lower bone in her right arm, just above the wrist. She's only 5, so its a little hard to explain that she has to keep this full arm cast on for 4-6 weeks and will be in pain for a few days. Luckily, it wasn't a full brake, so she was able to handle the xrays and cast wrapping.


This afternoon I also learned that my grandmother in law is not doing too well. She has cancer all over her body now, and it seems that her mind is starting to go. She had just had her 1 year date of "you only have a year to live" and she has kept a positive spirit all along. I just hurt for my mother in law, who lost my father in law in January. She has been having a hard time lately, adjusting to life without him, and now she is dealing with loosing her mother. I told her to be strong and if she has to get away, she needs to get away. She kept saying she's having flashbacks to my father in laws last days.


So when it rains, it pours. Thank God my family is doing well, we are all healthy and alive. I just pray that the rest of this year brings good things to our family. We've had enough bad around here lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and yours are in my prayers Keepin'. Try to keep your spirits up.

curton said...

Sorry your life is so crazy right now. You are so right when it rains it pours. You just have to keep your head up and stay a float. They say things come in groups of three. So it sounds like things should be looking up.
Oh the joys of a broken arm on a little one. All I have to say is at least she is five and can kind of understand. Zack was 3 when his 5 year old sister pushed him off the swing backwards. He had two hair line cracks and one full clean break just barely above the growth plate on the left wrist. He ended up with the cast on for 7 weeks and 2 days. It should of only been 5 weeks but the little monster some how got his arm out of 2 different cast. He did not understand at all that it had to stay on. The last cast they ended up putting it all the way up to his shoulder. At least they were all water proof and he could get wet that summer. I wish you the best of luck with her arm. She will be fine. I love the cast.
Life will get better it always does. my thoughts and prayers are with your family. Hope you enjoy the nice day. Lynn